Hi all, Not sure if this should go to the users list but here is the question.

Hi all,

Just rejoined this list today.  I am wanting to nstall Debian testing or stable depending on what can be done about the following.  I have an hp note book which is only a couple of years old and I have since replaced windows 10 with ubuntu and now I am looking to install Debian, but here are couple of questions.  First, the first ime I tried to do the install, I used the nonfree firmware version as I figured that would have the drivers it might need, but during the detecting of hardware I was told that I would need a driver which I can’t remember the modle name of rite now, but any how, with ubuntu and orca, is there a way to get the modle name of my wifi driver so that I can search for it.

Second, this has to do with the installer itself, I notesed when looking at the expert installer, you can select an opsion by typing in a number of the opsion you want, but when looking at manual for the install, it metions using the arrow keys to move through the choices.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.  Just thought I would point this out since I have always used the normal opsion for the install.  One other thing, is the gtk installer accessible with speech?  It has never been mentioned that I remember so thought I would ask about it.

Matthew