Braille display jamming in Orca and Mate

Hello Everyone,

Occassionally either Orca or the desktop will cause the display to jam. It just keeps showing the same thing,  no matter what I do on the keyboard. Is there a way
to restart Mate without rebooting? I am using lightdm. If I kill mate-session lightdm asks me to sign in again. This may not be a good idea. I can tell when Orca
is
responsible for the jam because it doesn't respond to Insert+Space.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer