maybe graphical accessibility interface needs a change

This would need some sort of task tasksel could install to keep it clean
and complete.
Once this got done, the user gets a console login and then would need to
run startx to get the graphical user interface.
This way if the computer could at least log in on console that would
happen.
It could be where gnome isn't talking and my friend who is most of 900
miles away is having a similar problem that both systems need e2fsck -p to
be run as root with unmounted  partitions.  Orca can't tell a user that
and I'll find out a little later today what's on the screen of my friend's
computer when he gets sighted assistance to look at that screen.
If the error needing e2fsck -p to be run could generate a unique sound set
over the pc speaker if necessary that would be even more helpful.