Re: debian 10.1

Hello,

On 06/09/2019 04:13, Samuel Thibault wrote:
 It's now uploaded.  I have made a mini-iso on

http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/tmp/mini.iso

it seems to have the sound issue with intel HDA boards fixed. I.e. it
will be fixed in buster 10.1.

Note that booting such mini-iso can take some time if your USB stick is
slow, because it reads several dozens of MiB from it.
tested on both a qemu VM with 1, 2 and 3 soundcards on on bare metal
with a HDA Intel sound card.

It all cases it looks like the installer first skips the first soundcard
probed, whichever it be, displaying:
Waiting for 1 more seconds for any other cards...

but then it always find a sound card to use:
_ without asking if there is only one,
_ else waiting until the user presses Enter and works normally.

So, although this behavior looks slightly weird, it does allow to use
the installer with speech in all tested cases.

On another topic, I made a request for testing both Orca (in its state
sooner today) and the at-2.33 stack (latest versions), cf.:
http://slint.fr/pipermail/slint_slint.fr/2019-September/000915.html

Have a good day,

Didier