Re: Espeak female

Hi

Vojtěch šmiro schrieb am 16.08.2019,  9:52 +0200:
>Is some way to use espeak Female in Jessie? How can I see it in Orca?
I am afraid that you cannot select the female version from orca. However you can
configure speech-dispatcher to use Espeak's female variant by default.
You can configure this in your local speech-dispatcher configuration. I am
assuming that you have no local configuration yet. Type the following in a
terminal

    cd
    mkdir -p .config/speech-dispatcher
    cp /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf .config/speech-dispatcher/
    gedit .config/speech-dispatcher/spd.conf

If you are using Mate, replace gedit with pluma. Then search for the line that
looks like this:

    # DefaultVoiceType  "MALE1"

And change it to

    DefaultVoiceType  "FEMALE1"

I don't know what the official way of restarting speech-dispatcher is, killing
it might be an option. Otherwise you can always reboot ;-).
Change the above line back to the previous version to revert your voice change.

HTH
Sebastian