Re: Problem with Compiz Window manager on Sid

As both a further test and possible temporary work around, once a new
window is opened and tabbed into with orca being silent try running orca
--replace or screen-reader --replace and see if orca starts talking.  If
orca doesn't start talking, compiz is disrupting accessibility
operations on a deep level without authorization.