Re: speakup/espeakup/debian installer

Hello,

	The installer image I used was:

	debian-stretch-DI-rc4-amd64-netinst.iso

	installing on a single core amd64 machine with a usb flash drive.

	curiously, I have installed the newest "raspian" (derivative of debian) on a raspberry pi with similar behaviour. from speakup/espeakup after the installation.

	In this case the installation is done by dd-ing the image onto the micro-sd card, putting the SD card into the raspberry pi and booting, then completing the setup (installing espeakup) via ssh from another machine. Then when logged in to the raspian/raspberry pi speakup is active/working well except that the speech is not interrupted by keyboard input, similar to the behaviour experienced with the debian installer.

	i.e. when speakup is set to read a longer section of text, perhaps a screenful, nothing will stop/interrupt the speech until speakup has finished vocalizing the entire sectionof text. This is very difficult (impossible) to work with.

	I just noticed a new version of the debian installer for the amd64. Perhaps this will have eliminated this awkward behaviour? But, I think the problem lies with the speakup/espeakup code, not with the debian installer.

	Any observations/workarounds/solutions out there?

	TIA,

	---terry