Re: bittorrent help needed

On Mar 26, 2018, at 4:21 AM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:

> I'm trying this on archlinux.  I installed deluge and python2-identity-service.  After having run the iptables commands in the archwiki entry for deluge to open ports I ran deluge -s console.  Then I ran deluge and was told I couldn't connect to localhost since the username didn't exist.  I had also added the user to the deluge group earlier too.  The network is wifi and going out over dns to comcast.net.
> Deluge will also not allow me to configure.  I have deluge using the deluge user unprivileged which got recommended since it's the most secure way to run deluge.  I hope this helps.
>
> The router I have is a router modem combination.

If I’m reading the man page correctly, “deluge -s console” means to run deluge with userid “console”.  Is that what you want to do?  If so, do you have a userid “console” in /etc/passwd ?  Is the “console” userid in the usual set of groups in /etc/group?

I use deluge on Debian.  In my system I run “deluge-web -f” as myself to start the daemon, then I attach to the running daemon with “firefox http://localhost:8112”;.  Can you do that on arch?

Here’s a thought:  Do you really need/want bittorrent at all?  If all you want is a copy of the Debian 9.4 install iso, you can download it directly from one of the Debian mirror sites — no need for deluge at all.

Rick