Running speech-dispatcher as a systemwide service

Hello,

for linux beginners, I am sorry saying this, the speech-dispatcher is really awful. I installed gdm3 and mate-desktop, but in some cases I would like to use speech-dispatcher without starting a graphical desktop. When I press STRG+Alt+F2 I get the login prompt, but at this point there is no voice speaking. Can I configure speech-dispatcher as a systemwide service, if yes, how to do this?

Ali