Why are you using an outdated version of gnome-menus?

Hi, I have seen this for the last while that I have been using kali which is only a doctored-up debian testing.  I see
that the gnome version is gnome-3.26 which is good.

The only question I have is why are you still using gnome-menus-3.13.3-9 which was, as I understand the numbering
system, a pre-release version of gnome-menus-3.14.  Is there not a gnome-menus-3.26.1 or gnome-menus-3.26.2?

It just sounds strange and I am curious.

--

Romans 10

  9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.