Re: Updating gnome-orca to version 3.24

Hi Paul,

Le 25/06/2017 à 14:16, Paul Gevers a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> On 06/19/17 20:57, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
>> Actually I think he will not do the work for various reasons personal we
>> saw on the irc. And now the dev process is active again, could someone
>> handle this travial task? I could do, but anyway would need some review
>> for upload. And I think ti worth testing the latest Orca as soos an
>> possible, all the more as MATE 1.18 is about releasing.
>
> Two questions:
> - I don't know well how to test gnome-orca myself, shall I upload to
> experimental first, such that people on this least can test first? Or
> can people test in unstable well enough such that we can block migration
> to testing in time if necessary?

At this dev setp on Debian, I think you can upload in sid safely. First
people will test, I personally will do pinning. Secondly, even if you
dont lock and it goes to testing, I think it will not be a problem as we
are far from a freeze and future uploads are possible.

Personally I would like to test it in testing, to test effects in the
future Debian. It often works and enable to see first bugs which are not
critical in general.

 > - The documentation says that gnome-orca goes hand in hand with the same
> version of Gnome. In Debian that is currently 3.22, does anybody believe
> that to be an issue, or can gnome-orca in principle always be updated to
> the latest version?

It can me updated safely, especially if gnome-orca is newer. It would be
boring having an Orca older ghan gnome, but no problem in this sense.
All the less as gnome-orca can be used with MATE and not necessarily
with Gnome desktop.

Cheers,

--
Logo Hypra 	JEAN-PHILIPPE MENGUAL