Re: Planning to change emacs-defaults (emacs) to emacs25 soon

Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org> writes:

> Do you realize the freeze is in one week, and that lot of people are
> in holiday during this week ?

My understanding is that the upcoming freeze is for the addition of new
packages, so I *think* the real deadline may be a few weeks later
(allowing for the 10-day miigration window, etc.).

And we suspect that many of the required changes will be trivial changes
and can perhaps be handled reasonably via NMUs if needed, or no changes
will be required at all.

Of course if, after testing, that doesn't appear to be the case, then we
can just leave things as-is, but now that we've resolved the emacs25
stability issues, having to support emacs24 throughout stretch is an
outcome we'd all be better off avoiding if we can.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org