Re: using speakup with debian jessie and other speech synthesizers like pico

Hello,

Nick Gawronski, on Wed 17 Feb 2016 02:03:36 -0600, wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to find out how to use speakup and debian Jessie with other
> software synthesizers like pico and others.  I have speechd-up installed but
> not sure how to get pico installed and working with speakup.  I also have
> speech-dispatcher installed.

That's the way. I have updated http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility
to provide the configuration bits that are needed to get speechd-up
and speech-dispatcher working together. For pico, make sure to have
the contrib and non-free repositories enabled, the libttspico-utils
package installed and the pico-generic module enabled.