Re: getting speakup and orca included in the Debian live disc

Nick Gawronski, on Sun 28 Feb 2016 21:01:04 -0800, wrote:
> What would it take to add a boot option to start espeakup or orca or
> both so we could use the live disc for testing or as a rescue system?

First checking that the software is already included in the disc
(notably espeakup and alsa-utils), and if not get the liveCD team to add
it.

Then a boot option can be useful to start espeakup indeed. One has to
see with the liveCD team how to disable the graphical interface in that
case. A beep should be added there too to make it easier to do.

For Orca, it is actually already available, see
https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility#LiveCD_accessibility
“one can press super-alt-s to start Orca.”