From: Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org>
To: nonfree@release.debian.org
Subject: speech-dispatcher-contrib not building
CC: Debian Accessibility Team <debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 09:31:46 +0100

Dear nonfree builder maintainers,

Although the name of your e-mail list suggest this holds for nonfree
only, I think that the following building issue may also lie within your
power, but please let me know if I am wrong here.

Following the developers-reference¹, if I want packages in nonfree to be
build I should add XS-Autobuild in the debian/control file of nonfree
packages and contact you. What I am missing to find in the documentation
if this is also required for packages in contrib that depend on nonfree.
I am guessing that I also should request here to have the package build
once I add the header?

So to become concrete: the package speech-dispatcher-contrib package
(part of contrib) is build from the same source as speech-dispatcher
(part of main) with only an additional build-dependency on
libttspico-dev which lives in nonfree (and is already autobuild there).
As far as I can tell, the reason why this fails to build² is that the
nonfree archive is not added (by default?) to the buildd for contrib.
Could you enable building of speech-dispatcher-contrib or are we (the
accessibility team) doing something wrong in the packaging (XS-Autobuild
is not added yet)? If there are special requirements to get this to
work, shouldn't this maybe mentioned in the developers-reference as well?

Looking forward to your response
Paul

¹https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#non-free-buildd
²https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=speech-dispatcher-contrib

----- End forwarded message -----

What's this script do?
    unzip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; gasp ; yes ; umount ; sleep
Hint for the answer: not everything is computer-oriented. Sometimes you're
in a sleeping bag, camping out.
(Contributed by Frans van der Zande.)