Re: Starting several instances of brltty

Alex ARNAUD <alex@arnaud.link> writes:

> On 07/11/2015 11:41, Shérab wrote:
>> Dear all,
> Hello Sherab
>> To be more specific, I have two displays.
>> One of them is an old serial one for which autodetection won't workk.
>> I'd like to have one brltty started at system startup for that device.
>> And I have a newer device which certainly can be autodetected. I'd like
>> to have a second brltty started as soon as this device is plugged o the
>> computer, and at the moment that does not happen on my system.
>> Any suggestion would be warmly welcome.
> For me It would be better to have possibility in the "brltty.conf" to
> specify multiple configuration. Unfortunately I have tried without
> result so I think it is impossible at the moment.

What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve?  BRLTTY can certainly
be configured to find braille displays on various different buses.

@Sherab: You should be able to just copy the default brltty.service from
systemd to /etc/systemd/system/brltty-other.service, and modify the
file.  Just make sure you have a different PID file name, and adjust the
parameters passed to BRLTTY as needed.  You should now be able to start
a new instance with systemctl.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕