Re: Building mate live cd with orca

Raphaël POITEVIN, le Thu 17 Sep 2015 23:47:16 +0200, a écrit :
> Firstly, I tested the prebuilt live cd which has orca but doesn't work
> correctly. It says "welcome to orca" and anything no more.

You *need* GTK_MODULES set to gail:atk-bridge.

> I have the same problem with my own generated cd. Actually,
> what does the installer which I have to include in the live cd
> generation to have orca working and startded automatically?

See the brltty-udeb.prebaseconfig script: it uses gconftool and glib
schemas to enable the accessibility configuration options. In the end,
that activates
/usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon-3.0/gtk-modules/at-spi2-atk.desktop
which enables the gail and atk-bridge modules.

In the end, setting GTK_MODULES has the same effect and is
simpler to achieve :) For stretch we'll probably be doing it from
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90qt-a11y , you can already see the latest version
of the libatk-adaptor package doing that. You can simply backport that
to your liveCD.

> I understood mate live cd uses lightdm.

Does it?  In my tests liveCDs don't use any DM and simply directly start
a user desktop.