Re: Help getting espeakup to speak again

Hi Vincenzo,

I use Debian sid (unstable) and xfce.
Last night I have installated and tried quickly orca and espeak, after some errors I and no sound I have run as root
#apt-get update
#apt-get upgrade
#alsactl init
#apt-get install tilda

after as no-root-user:
$espeak"ciao mondo!"
I have heard. "Ciao Mondo!" ("Hello World" in English), all ok!
then
$orca -t
after setting the sound is: "Il lettore di schermo è pronto")
("The screen reader is ready" in English)
so I opened a new xfce4-terminal and run
$tilda
I have not been careful to the configuration window,
because it (the tilda terminal) read and spoke correctly.

I hope this helps
Regards Alfonso

Alfonso Sabato Siciliano <alfix86@gmail.com>