[Extended call] Accessibility and mobility topic of LSM 2014
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Johan.Moreau@ircad.u-strasbg.fr, email@example.com
- Subject: [Extended call] Accessibility and mobility topic of LSM 2014
- From: Samuel Thibault <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 23:54:54 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20140402215454.GR7216@type.youpi.perso.aquilenet.fr>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Johan.Moreau@ircad.u-strasbg.fr, email@example.com
The call for talks for LSM has been extended up to 15th April, please
consider submitting talks!
15th Libre Software Meeting
July 5-11, 2014
Call For Papers and Participation
limited to accessibility and mobility topic
[we apologize for duplicate receipt of this message]
Last call before deadline : april *15th* 2014
Sharing of knowledge, freedom of information, community spirit,
exchange of ideas, technological progress: every year the Libre
Software Meeting (LSM) follows the Libre philosophy.
RMLL/LSM is a non-commercial series of conferences, round tables
discussions and practical workshops based on Libre/Free Software and
its uses. Its aim is to provide a platform for Libre/Free Software
users, developers and stakeholders.
Access to LSM is free of charge and open to everyone. The conference
will be held in Montpellier from July 5 to July 11, 2014.
We hereby announce the opportunity to submit papers for selection by
the technical review committee for the RMLL/LSM 2014.
This year we would like to put a particular emphasis on accessibility
on the whole RMLL/LSM event. We will have our usual workshop, as
described below, but we would like to have accessibility talks held
in other sessions too, if possible all of them, as was achieved in
2010 in Bordeaux. One of the reasons for that is that in France, on
1st January 2015, a law will enter in action to require accessibility
of all public places. 2014 is the last year to get ready for this.
We thus invite you to submit your accessibility talks to other topics
than the health topic, so as to broaden the audience of accessibility
Concerning our dedicated accessibility and mobility workshop,
to better target the various exchanges that will be taking place,
the programme committee of the accessibility and mobility workshop
proposes several kinds of meetings:
- "Solution" meetings, with conferences and round tables to present
solutions dedicated to previous areas.
- "State of the art" conferences between practitioners, developers,
scientists and users to discuss about what exists according to the
specific needs of users, what works well or a little less well,
to talk about approaches...
- "Technical" presentations between developers and scientists. This
will allow initiation of exchanges between communities that do not
necessarily have the opportunity to meet and will maybe lead to new
collaborations or projects.
Finally, a workshop area will be available to try out and exchange
tools presented by their authors or by seasoned users of those
Information on workshops from last year is available on
Information on the previous global RMLL/LSM emphasis on accessibility
in 2010 is available on
You will be able to attend conferences on other related issues
such as "System Administration" (like Nagios, GLPI, Cfengine,
...), "Development" (like NoSQL, Lucene, GCC, ...), "Law" (like
Licenses,OpenData, FSF, ...), "Internet" (WebGL, Jabber, Typo3, ...),
... Conferences from last year are available on :
This year, LSM will have as guiding thread "Free software and you", which
can be particularly suited to the accessibility and mobility topic :)
If you are interested in participating, please submit your presentation
Please feel free to share this information with others people who
may be interested. We welcome your participation and input and look
forward for a valuable meeting.
The following dates are important if you wish to participate to the
call for papers.
Abstract submission: no later than 15th of april 2014
Submission guidelines ====================
Speakers should submit an abstract in English or French ; about 400
words, and in 2 languages if possible. If accepted, this abstract
will be published on the website.
Submissions should be submitted via this form:
Submissions should also include the following:
* Contact information and Geographical location of presenter
(country of origin/passport).
* A brief biography.
* Any significant presentation and/or educational
* For technical topics: Reason why this material is innovative,
significant or an useful tutorial.
* Optionally, any outlines or samples of prepared materials.
* Information whether the submission has already been presented,
and if so, where.
Personal information will be used exclusively for the sole purpose
of the RMLL/LSM committee and shall not be shared with third parties.
If the paper is not accepted for the main session, it may be accepted
for a short-form or "lightning talk" session.
Travel Assistance ====================
Non-commercial and based upon volunteer work, RMLL/LSM are events with
limited resources. However, speakers who exhibit particular need may
receive a refund for their transportation charges at the discretion
of the selection committee. If you know the estimated cost of the
transportation, providing this will make it easier for us to obtain
a clearer view of the expenses that will be incurred.
Publication on the web site ======================
The abstracts and slides for the conference will be published on
the event web site. The files should use only open formats and the
contents shall be shared under a free license.
If you wish to support the initiative and gain visibility by sponsoring
this event, please contact us by sending an e-mail to
Professionals, organisations and companies wishing to financially
support the RMLL/LSM can find more information on the website:
Web site =================
Event web site :
CfP website :
Programme Commitee of the LSM 2014 accessibility and mobility topic