Re: My experience and some issues with the accessibility of the Jessie/testing desktop

am_dxer@fastmail.fm <am_dxer@fastmail.fm> (2014-03-08):
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014, at 02:23 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > am_dxer@fastmail.fm, le Sat 08 Mar 2014 13:59:55 -0500, a écrit :
> > > If XFCE does get chosen as the default desktop, I wonder if
> > > checking this box could be part of the accessibility profile in the
> > > installer for Debian if the desktop task is chosen.
> >
> > Most probably.
> >
> > > I know that this can be done on the command line using xfconf.
> >
> > Could you determine the precise command line and tell us, so we can
> > include it in the installer scripts?
> I have one correction. The file where the xml is stored is actually
> called xfce4-session not xfce4-settings. Sorry for this error.

Thanks for the details.

I seem to remember we have a D-Bus session running when installing with
accessibility enabled, so it should be possible to run D-Bus-demanding
things.

I was very happy to receive this sort of very detailed mail; I was
precisely wondering what the accessibility status was, since we're
aiming at publishing images very soon.

Mraw,
KiBi.