Re: using daisy player with nls books

On 17-06-13 03:42, Jason White wrote:
> Doug Smith <savant-technopath@cyber-wizard.com> wrote:
>> Hi, I wonder about this.  If it can work, I will install it.  I
>> keep hearing about this daisyplayer program.  Is it possible to
>> register it with learningally and National Library Service for the
>> Blind to get authentication keys for their books? If so, how do you
>> load the keys into which directories to make it work.
>
> It doesn't support encrypted Daisy books, so if you are subscribed to
> a library that uses encryption you'll need another solution, such as
> a hardware-based Daisy player.

I think that Jos (the upstream creator of daisy-player) is unaware of
encrypted Daisy books, so he has not implemented this feature yet. I
will ask Jos about it. However, I don't think we have encrypted books in
Holland, so if he would be interested, help to get in contact with the
appropriate authorities would be great.

Paul