Re: Pulseaudio problems back after upgrade

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Looks like the problems has been solved now, by doing:
> sudo rm /usr/share/alsa/pulse-alsa.conf

Yes, this will prevent PulseAudio from being used as the default ALSA device,
allowing Alsa to be accessed directly rather than via Pulse.

If you don't want this to be overwritten by upgrades, you'll have to place a
hold on the PulseAudio package. As far as I know, it isn't possible to fix
this in a configuration file under /etc.