Re: How many dvd's do I need?

On Apr 27, 2013, at 12:24 AM, David Sexton wrote:

Good idea.
I didn't know if those [BD images] would dd fine.
Online it only talks about the cds and dvds and dd.

I am installing from USB, I'll just need a bigger USB drive for this.
Thanks,
David

David,

Warning! I don't know personally if it will work. I've never tried it. I'm just extrapolating from the CD/DVD case.

To try it, I'd need a 32GB flash USB stick and (back of the envelope calculation) 10 hours at full-utilization of all the bandwidth my ISP can deliver (I'm out in the country... 10 Mbit/sec is the best I can muster). Sadly, I don't have either of those to spare right now. But I'm *really* curious to see if it does work!!! (-:

So... Let us know how it turns out!

Rick