Re: how to install java ATK wrapper?

hadi, le Tue 16 Apr 2013 18:17:03 +0430, a écrit :
> Sorry for dropping you a mail for a simple questions like this, since i
> couldn't find noone to help me out with this.

Had you tried debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org ? It's the list
meant for such questions, full of people ready to answer it (much faster
than I can afford)

> I'm trying to work with some java applications, which are not accessible
> with orca at all. googling showed me that i need to install java ATK
> wrapper, and i managed to find this ftp link.
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/j/java-atk-wrapper/
> I'm new to linux, and i have no idea which of these files i  should get and
> how to install them. I am also running debian, have both squeez and wizzy on
> my VM.
> is it possible for you to help me out with this? i'll appreciate it!
> Thanks alot.

You first need to learn how to use the Debian package manager. You can
for instance read the Debian FAQ about it:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkgtools.en.html

You need to install the libatk-wrapper-java package, using these tools.
Unfortunately, openjdk has disabled accessibility by default. You need
to edit /etc/java-6-openjdk/accessibility.properties, to remove the #
sign in front of the following line:

assistive_technologies=org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper