Re: Some troubles with Gnome/Orca

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> This bug is still present, and is  now extended to speakup which also
> crashes.
> eSpeakup is crashing every 30 seconds to the point where it is almost
> unusable.

I tried it on my laptop and it all works fine here with PulseAudio installed -
no words are being broken up either.

There was a long discussion about that last issue on the emacspeak list; it
seems only to affect certain sound cards/drivers and there were work-arounds.

I don't know what to suggest. Either get the Speech-Dispatcher bug fixed and
use Alsa, or have the PulseAudio issues sorted out. I can't reproduce those
problems on my laptop.