Re: Keyboard shortcut in gnome not working

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 08:48:12AM -0500, Dave Hunt wrote:
> 'alt+f1', then 'ctrl+alt+tab' to 'applications'; then release the
> keys.  You'll have a grid of icons, with the left-most column
> showing categories, with names like those found in the classic
> 'applications' menu.  To change categories, cursor down to one and
> hit 'enter'.  The top category is 'all'.

Great, that works as you describe, thank you.

With regards to accessing the desktop how to do this? If I press
alt+control+tab it seems to only go to the top bar. If I press alt+f1
first then alt+ctr+tab I cycle through:
Top bar, search, applications, dash and windows.

Is dash the desktop then? I see a few icons I put there, but not all of
them, maybe I need to verify with a sighted person...

Thanks for your help,
Daniel