Re: Keyboard shortcut in gnome not working

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Well the major issue I had with the new gnome interface was accessing
> the menus.
> I could press alt+f1 and start to type what I was looking for then
> scroll. However, what if I just want to look around the whole menu
> system or I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. How would you do
> this?

Up/down cursor keys should take you through the list of applications. You can
also type characters to jump to the point in the list that starts with the
string you've entered. Use alt-ctrl-tab to cycle between the different
components of the desktop.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet
is supposed to be definitive for Gnome-Shell.