Some troubles with Gnome/Orca

Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with orca and speech dispatcher. I'm
running debian wheezy and gnome 3. I'm just using orca out of the apt
repository.
Also, I'm using gnome in fallback mode currently as it seems a little
more accessible to me.

1. I've followed the instructions here:
http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility
However, I stil do not get orca coming up at start up. gdm3
automatically logs me in, but I did run the commands to start
accessibility and visual accessibility both from gdm and at the user
session. However, when gnome comes up and starts for me I must still
start orca manually. Orca is also checked under start-up applications.

2. occasionally speech-dispatcher will crash. This requires the
speech-dispatcher and orca instance to be killed and orca restarted.
I couldn't find anything in the /var/log/speech-dispatcher dir, but I
only found this relevant line from my syslog:
15:10:26 debian-laptop kernel: [  224.886781] sd_espeak[4932]: segfault at b4f22000

I'm using the default espeak module for speech-dispatcher.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you,
Dan