gnome accessible login with orca failed

I was the one trying after installing the desktop environment in tasksel
to get orca talking and couldn't make anything work when trying to log in.
I think I discovered a couple more problems which once fixed ought to get
me a little further.  The /etc/default/speech-dispatcher file on line 4
had run-no and I changed that to run=yes.  Another problem was pulseaudio.
spd-conf has espeakup using pulseaudio as default output and pulseaudio
cannot connect to anything on boot up so I changed that over to alsa.  As
an experiment, I allowed pulseaudio to be the default output for the whole
system after running spd-conf -C and rebooted.  The speech ran for a
little while in boot up then died entirely.  so I went back to root and
changed pulseaudio over to alsa and now have speech working again.  One of
these days, I'm going to have to learn how to clear pulseaudio off
a computer completely.  That or it's going to have to get lots better
behaved than is the case now.

Support your local church or synagogue, worship at Bank Of America!

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>