Re: a11y of debians default desktop (xfce)?

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I'm very surprised of it. I'm not sad if GNOME
isn't by default, as I think there are so much bugs in Wheezy with GNOME
to consider Wheezy would be stable with it. That's why my current work
is trying finding devs to port orca to MATE and install MATE on Debian
(it's not a perfect solution, as MATE isn't in Deb repo but in non
official repo, anyway it's the easiest to do as we have few time before
Wheezy release).

About XFCE, orca devs say that's its capability to work with it is "in
progress". I wait for the newest installer (without a bug I reported) to
test a fresh Debian again, and I'll test XFCE. Samuel did tests and saw
that some things worked. He said too some confirmation is needed. I hope
I'll be able to test during August or September, as soon as official
install CDs are updated. If XFCE has a good behavior, I think orca can
be installed with it. Anyway I think it's the best solution for Wheezy
+1, as gnome3 becomes really hard I think.

I'll let you informed of my tests.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL