Re: No sound with 2012-04-03 daily build

Hello,

Tony Baechler, le Wed 04 Apr 2012 21:25:45 -0700, a écrit :
> I have been following this list for a while and was interested to learn that
> the latest daily D-I images have software speech.  I downloaded the mini GTK
> .iso and burned it.

Where did you take exactly? (url)

> Should I file a bug about this?

Yes, otherwise the chance it'll be fixed is extremely low.

> If so, would it be against D-I or something else?

D-I is fine, I'll take the bug report there.

See http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility/

> Since I know what the problem is, it isn't hard to fix.  Just set the
> numid=214 amixer control to off.  With it on, it's effectively muted.

Could that rather be made a string? Poking at random numbers is usually
a bad thing.

> Is there a chance of this getting fixed at some point?

If a good fix can be found, then obviously it will be integrated.