Re: Gnome doesn't load when orca is installed

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson <jbsn@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> After upgrading to 'Sid, orca loads before I've logged into
> Gnome. I can move in the Orca window, But i can't log in. The
> login window is on the screen, but the keystrokes are not passed
> on. All I have on my braille display is the Orca window.

I'm not using Gdm, so this isn't affecting me.

Orca is supposed to load without displaying its window, due to settings in
/etc/xdg/autostart/orca-autostart.desktop

If you're running Gdm, how did you configure it to invoke Orca?

As a temporary work-around, chkconfig gdm3 off and use startx from a console
to run your Gnome session.