Re: 1st feedback for Orca

Le vendredi 23 mars 2012 à 11:44 +0100, Mario Lang a écrit :
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <texou@accelibreinfo.eu> writes:
>
> > 4. In Iceweasel (on sid), the movement with arrow keys is difficult.
>
> I can confirm this, caret browsing feels totally broken.  While moving
> the caret sometimes produces an update on my braille display, it seems
> to be swallowed by certain page elements.  This is completely unusable.

Yes.

> The "Run Program" dialog is completely inaccessible as well, I have to
> type program names blindly.

Ah? I'm more surprised. I didn't note this problem.

> Frankly, this is so broken that it is completely unusable for real world
> work.

I fully agree! Although very worrying, happy to see that you've the same opinion as I with all uour experience and your computing level.

> I personally switched to iOS and Mac OS X for web browsing a few
> weeks ago, and I gave up on hoping for GNOME.  I have wasted too much
> energy during the at-spi2 move, I personally give up.  I need my
> computer to get work done, and that is not possible with GNOME 3
> anymore.

I agree. If things go on like that, I think Debian will fallback less accessible. And I'm very worry. Don't you think we should do something? I think you are famous in Debian so your warning about it for other teams could have an effect. I see 2 possible evolutions: trying re-integrate gnome2, at least on the basis of user's choice; find an alternate to gnome, such as xfce, lxde. What do you think of this? Shouldn't we init a dialog with gnome team? Because such regression seems to be... very problematic I think.

Anyway thanks for zour support. I hope we'll fight together to improve these evolutions, and that we'll find a good solution for Debian. Zack told me he could make a help appeal for Debian to support the team in this issue. Shouldn't we tell him about the problem, 9hich will not be fixed with gnome3.4? So that Debian keep gnome2 (at least the possibility to use it), or work for xfce?

Sincerely,

> --
> CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕