espeakup boot parameter question

When the expert boot parameter gets used to start up any current version
of espeakup installation, can anyone confirm that expert is actually
enabled or is it silently ignored?  On the last espeakup install failure I
had using a serial ATA disk, I couldn't get into the main menu with the 24
or 25 numbered choices to check if priority was actually set to low for
messages.  Does some keystroke combination exist to do this, because if so
I can check this on my end here?

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>