Re: AT-SPi 2 and Orca packages

Hi,

Congratulations! excellent news! thanks very much.

Le lundi 20 février 2012 à 19:30 +1100, Jason White a écrit :
> To start Orca when the desktop is loaded:
> mkdir ~/.config/autostart # if you need to
> cp /usr/share/applications/orca.desktop ~/.config/autostart
>
> The accessibility of the desktop is very limited with the versions of the
> packages that I have installed.

I think we should now wait for Gnome3.4. I met Debian and Gnome maintainers at FOSDEM and, in particular, the accessibility Gnome maintainer who did a talk. They explained to me that gnome3.4 should be more accessible than the current release. Gnome team intend to package gnome3.4 before squeeze freeze. Gnome3.4 should be released about April or March. Debian would package on May.
Anyway if things stay like this in Gnome, I wonder if working on xfce wouldn't be an idea. But it's only an hipotesis. If gnome3.4 doesn't work, I think I'll ask to orca maintainer upstream how orca can work on other GTK desktops.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL