Re: debian 6.0.4 image inaccessible

Jude DaShiell, le Sat 18 Feb 2012 07:43:11 -0500, a écrit :
> No mention of speakup is proper for versions of operating systems that
> will not install with the operating system and be operational.  If there
> is a subset of synthesizers that will work with a particular version and
> for good reason others are not going to work that needs to be made clear
> giving a screen reader list that will work

How could we ever do that? We *don't* own all kinds of hardware
synthesizers, so we can *not* test all of them, and thus we can not
document which ones work and which ones don't. That's why we call for
testing before releasing. If users don't test with their hardware, we
can not document whether it works or not (let alone fix the bugs).

Only now that you said that 6.0.4 poses problem with ltlk, we can add a
paragraph in the release notes. But please *also* test a CD image of the
"testing" distribution of Debian (future 7), to check whether the bug
is still there and thus has to be tracked before releasing Debian 7, or
not.

Again, without tests from users, we can *not* fix bugs. Really. It's as
simple as that.