Re: Installation Problem

Hello,

David Hoff Jr, le Tue 24 Jan 2012 14:13:22 -0800, a écrit :
> espeakup-squeeze-i386.iso
>
> When I went to install it with speech I got a message that my sound card
> had non-free firmware named "Yamaha/ds1_dsp.fu".
>
> I need speech to do the install.  What can I do to enable the sound card?

Damn.  I didn't know some sound boards need firmwares. See
http://wiki.debian.org/Firmware
for general information. You can perhaps manage to get it autoloaded
from a USB stick. Another way is to use firmware-enabled images from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/daily-builds/sid_d-i/arch-latest/