Re: mplayer and vlc both degraded in sid

Le samedi 23 juillet 2011 à 16:15 -0400, Jude DaShiell a écrit :
> I don't know how things are in squeeze and wheezy, but
> http://acbradio.org/treasure-trove.pls not only no longer works in vlc or
> mplayer, cvlc breaks in the same way when attempting to play that url.

Yes, here I get: file not found. It means the URL changed.

> The http://acbradio.org/treasure-trove.wax and
> http://acbradio.org/treasure-trove.ram files are equally unplayable.  The
> mpg321 player was not helpful and this was after hooking up to the
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ site and doing an update.  I'm not going
> to say vlc is completely useless since I found one site it will play,
> http://www.folkalley.com/folkalley.pls but for now that's all it can do.

Note that Debian doesn't support (and doesn't like very much if I understand well) debian-multimedia. Have you tried to ask there? For .ram and .wax urls, indeed, there's a problem. I don't know why. I had had such answer "we don't support debian-multimedia" when I asked for mplayer from this repo on lenny.

> Sincerely,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL