debian wheezy with espeakup

Greetings from Czech Republic,
I've recently started experimenting with debian. Currently, I'm running vinux 3.1, which is based on ubuntu 10.10. I started to be interested in Debian when I searched for packages qemu-kvm, for virtualization. I didn't want to use vmware no longer, because I couldn't install windows xp into it. Qemu, virtmanager, etc. were a bit outdated in ubuntu repos, so I used packages from wheezy. But it doesn't play well with ubuntu, it's working but... So I thought about moving on debian, because wheezy has newer packages than ubuntu repos. Also with ubuntu 11.04 there comes new desktop environment which doesn't seem very accessible with orca right now, so maybe Vinux will move to Debian as well... who knows. Now. I downloaded espeakup installation images for wheezy and squeeze. I managed to install squeeze, but it has even older kernel than my ubuntu installation and it does have the same version of qemu (0.12). So I tried to install wheezy. Installation was successful, but when I booted, there was no speakup talking and I got stucked on login screen with following message in /var/log/syslog May 18 16:12:43 ofelie gdm-simple-greeter[1614]: Gtk-WARNING: /build/buildd-gtk+2.0_2.24.4-3-i386-ouUeDk/gtk+2.0-2.24.4/gtk/gtkwidget.c:5679: widget not within a GtkWindow So I tried to install it without graphical desktop, but no speakup can be heart. I can post you more logs if you want, I have it on my external hard drive and I can reinstall it whenever I want. Currently it is without graphical desktop.
Can you please help me?
Thank you,
Vojta