Re: Some orca questions

Odd Martin Baanrud <martin@lb7ye.net> writes:

> As I understand, orca 2.91 is now available in Debian Unstable.

No, its available in experimental.

> Is there a way I can install it on Squeeze without messing up the
> package system?

Nobody has worked on a backport of orca for squeeze, and
I do not particularily plan to do so.  So its basically
untested regarding squeeze.

> Is it safer to build it from source with "apt-get source -b gnome-orca",
> or can I just fetch the package manualy from a sid mirror and install it
> with dpkg?

If you want to try, you should not need to build it yourself,
the gnome-orca package is arch: all anyways (i.e., it only consists of
scripts but no precompiled binaries).

> Also, can someone contact me off-list to help me solve some problems I
> have with orca in Firefox and XChat?

I recommend you use the orca-list to discuss specific user-questions
regarding orca.  There are quite a lot of people hanging out there,
so chances are better there to get good help.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕