Re: java-access-bridge no longer working?

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> writes:

> Mario Lang, le Wed 22 Sep 2010 13:45:43 +0200, a écrit :
>> Unfortunately, I had to figure out that java-access-bridge apparently
>> no longer works on two machines of mine: Basically it looks like
>> the bridge can not connect to ORBit, and Orca reports the Java swing
>> backed windows as "inaccessible".
>>
>> Before I file an RC bug against java-access-bridge: does anyone else see
>> this same issue and has maybe figured out how to fix it?
>>
>> My ~/.orbitrc contains
>>
>> ORBIIOPIPv4=1
>>
>> as suggested by the Orca wiki...
>
> Without this change, I don't get anything from freedots, indeed.

Yes, enabling ORBit IPv4 capabilities is a prerequisite for java-access-bridge.
Something that goes away with java-atk-wrapper as well IIRC.

> With this change, I do get something

What exactly is something?

> but quite soon it crashes with the attached backtrace.

What do you mean by crashes?  It is (unfortunately) quite
common for a JAB enhanced swing app to throw quite a few
backtraces during program execution, but these usually do not crash the
program and do originate somewhere in the JAB corba code.

Did you test on squeeze or sid?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>