Re: Activation of Speech Dispatcher under squeeze

Halim Sahin, le Fri 24 Sep 2010 15:28:47 +0200, a écrit :
> One question regarding new speechd left:
> Does debian use now pulseaudio as default soundserver?

Debian itself doesn't use any sound server by default. Some packages
might. Milan explicitly said in
that speech-dispatcher now defaulting to pulseaudio was an intended
change. If you don't agree, check with him and upstream, he's the
maintainer and they are the developers, not me :)

> If not, default audio_out_method needs to be changed to something
> different than pulse.

Or speech-dispatcher made to pull pulseaudio automatically, which is
what I requested in 593968.