Re: BRLTTY 4.2 without espeak support

Hello Mario,

Mario Lang <mlang@delysid.org> wrote on Mo, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:27:07 +0200:
>Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:
>> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>>> It is a problem with the feature freeze indeed.  If people really need
>>> it (we just hadn't thought about including it in the new version of
>>> brltty), we could ask for an exception with debian-release, but it needs
>>> strong motivation.
[...]
>Secondly, the original poster was asking about espeak support
>in Squeeze, so migrations after the squeeze release do not really help
>towards this goal.
>
>I simply forgot about espeak in BRLTTY, I am sorry.
>It looks like its too late now, especially for a new binary package,
Okay. Then we'll have it in the next release. I wanted to report it earlier and
hadn't known the freeze date until the message came out.

However, why does Debian ship BRLTTY's speechd-support in an extra package?
Shall BRLTTY be small to be used with the installer? Or are there other
reasons?

Thanks and greetings
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/dictd?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu