Re: BRLTTY 4.2 without espeak support

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:

> Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> It is a problem with the feature freeze indeed.  If people really need
>> it (we just hadn't thought about including it in the new version of
>> brltty), we could ask for an exception with debian-release, but it needs
>> strong motivation.
>
> Another possibility (unless I am misunderstanding Debian's policy) would be to
> upload a package to Experimental, which would then migrate to Sid and
> eventually Testing after the Squeeze release.

First of all, packages from experimental do not migrate to unstable
automatically, its the maintainers job to upload to sid.
Secondly, the original poster was asking about espeak support
in Squeeze, so migrations after the squeeze release do not really help
towards this goal.

I simply forgot about espeak in BRLTTY, I am sorry.
It looks like its too late now, especially for a new binary package,
which is what we'd need to create to properly support espeak in BRLTTY.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>