Re: Starting Squeeze snapshots...

Hello,

Gaijin, le Sat 21 Aug 2010 08:38:53 -0700, a écrit :
> 	Trying to fire up last week's Squeeze snapshot CD with the
> synthesizer,

Which image did you try?  At the moment, only the gtk mini-iso
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/gtk/mini.iso
has the graphical installer (as first choice in the menu, not second!),
and thus only that one has speakup.

> Can't find any documentation on the disk detailing the method,
> either.

Look closer in README.html:

“As this is not an official squeeze release disc, then the installation
guide many not be released yet. It will appear on the Debian web site
[http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/installmanual] when ready,
but before then you could try the development version of the manual
[http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/].”;

This guide has an accessibility chapter
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s02.html
which points at the boot screen chapter for parameter selection
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s01.html#boot-screen

Note that because the inclusion of the graphical installer depends on
the release status, we can not document which images have it or not.