Re: brltty built into installation cd/dvd

Roland Engelsma <criticview@gmail.com> writes:

> I was trying to install Debian several times, on several platforms
> (AMD64 and I386) with the help of brltty. I am using a Eurobraille
> Esys display wich is connected via usb. I didn't get anything at all
> on my braille display, assuming that brltty is indeed started. When I
> peaked into the pool directory, I found brltty v3.10 there, and
> thaught that this might be the cause of my problems.

I vaguely remember hearing something about problems with EuroBraile and
3.10, so you might be right.

> So my question is this one: can brltty be updated (if security and all
> that allows it) to version 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2?

No, no new upstream versions in stable.  If we can isolate
the specific fix, we could backport it to the 3.10 code, but
thats about the only option we have.

You can, however, try the Squeeze (testing) installer,
which should already use 4.1 or 4.2.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>