Re: Book scanning frontend application?
- To: Mario Lang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Book scanning frontend application?
- From: Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 10:04:43 +1000 (EST)
- Message-id: <alpine.DEB.2.00.1001010957290.17488@arnold>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Mario Lang wrote:
It appears that ocropus and tesseract look pretty promising. I am
wondering, does anyone know of an active project to develop a typical
free software book scanning frontend application like OpenBook or
similar products from the commercial world?
Hello, and a happy New year.
I'm not aware of any front end. However, I personally prefer
Cuneiform to Tesseract. last time I compared the two, I found
that Cuneiform supports many more languages, is faster and can
produce output in many more formats.
Bertil Smark Nilsson