Re: Book scanning frontend application?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Mario Lang wrote:

Hi.

It appears that ocropus and tesseract look pretty promising.  I am
wondering, does anyone know of an active project to develop a typical
free software book scanning frontend application like OpenBook or
similar products from the commercial world?

Hello, and a happy New year.

I'm not aware of any front end. However, I personally prefer Cuneiform to Tesseract. last time I compared the two, I found that Cuneiform supports many more languages, is faster and can produce output in many more formats.

Regards,

Bertil Smark Nilsson