Re: at-spi2-core packaging [g-a-devel] Announce: AT-SPI2 0.1.0 released.

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org> (01/08/2009):
>> Initial packaging of at-spi2-core can be got with:
>>
>>   git clone git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-a11y/at-spi2-core.git
>>
>> Please review and send comments / commit fixes.
>
> a fix committed (B-D tweak),

Thanks.

TODO:
* Finish debian/copyright (review welcome).
* Figure out a useful package description for libd{bind,route}*, those
  are extremely undocumented.

> - do we want/need the .la files?

Maybe not, I wasn't sure so I added them for extra measure for now.

> - do we want to use the version in the installation path
> (/usr/include/$headers for example)?

Since that is what upstream does, I think we might for now.
Include paths are handled with pkg-config anyway.
AIUI, dbind and droute might at one point get split out since they are
not strictly at-spi related, more like generic helpers.

Regarding at-spi2-atk (not pushed yet):
What should we do with python-pyatspi?  at-spi2-atk provides it, which
is a complete replacement of the corba based pyatspi python module.
However, at-spi already provides the same python module.
Any suggestions?  Name the new binary package python-pyatspi2 for now and
replace/conflict with python-pyatspi?  We could change Depends of its
rdepends (accerciser, gnome-orca, gnome-mousetrap and ldtp) to
python-pyatspi | python-pyatspi2.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>