RE: festival on lenny
- To: Samuel Thibault <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: festival on lenny
- From: Don Raikes <DON.RAIKES@oracle.com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:47:27 +0000 (GMT)
- Message-id: <1d76c342-d061-47f2-b04e-6b0cfe6edf78@default>
- In-reply-to: <20090416001319.GX5326@const>
When I run:
$ festival --tts hello.txt
I get the following output:
Linux: can't open /dev/dsp
I ran sudo adduser draikes audio
and it said draikes was already a member of group audio.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Samuel Thibault [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:13 PM
> To: Don Raikes
> Subject: Re: festival on lenny
> Don Raikes, le Thu 16 Apr 2009 00:08:25 +0000, a écrit :
> > Thanks for the response.
> > I ran modprobe snd_pcm_oss which seems to have succeeded.
> > I then ran
> > $ festival --tts hello.txt
> > I got an error saying that festival could not open /dev/dsp.
> Didn't say why? such as "permission denied"? You need to be in the
> audio group to be able to access audio, as shown by:
> > I also ran:
> > $ ls -l /dev/dsp with results:
> > crw-rw---- 1 root audio 14, 3 2009-04-15 17:00 /dev/dsp