Re: Installing Orca from svn under Debian

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:11:59AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:01:30AM +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
>
> > That's interesting. I did exactly that, but only Orca was removed. The
> > only difference is that I used apt-get instead of aptitude.
>
> I have read elsewhere that apt-get is deprecated. I don't know whether it will

Where did you here that? I use apt for pretty much everything, but can
use aptitude.
Most things I read refer to apt-get, and aren't they the same pretty
much?
What's the difference? Do they use the same libs eg. apt advanced
packaging tool I believe...

I dunno, but haven't seen/heard that apt-get is not going to be used...
All I know is aptitude upgrade is depricated, use safe-upgrade
instead...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/